Saturday, January 14, 2023

Karen's Japanese Literature Challenge 2023


JAPANESE LITERATURE CHALLENGE 16

#JapaneseLitChallenge16 #JapaneseLiterature

This year I plan on participating in Dolce Bellezza's ~for literary and translated literature~ blog's Japanese Literature Challenge which is in its 16th year. It is a reading challenge that occurs in January and February of 2023 only, and the idea is pretty straightforward. Read as many books as you like in those two months. (Even if that is ”only” one.) Make sure the work was originally written in Japanese. Choose from classic to contemporary works, whatever appeals to you.

Once again, I'm going to try to read one book for each month of the challenge, plus one.

Here are my choices:

Before Your Memory Fades (Before the Coffee Gets Cold Series, #3) by Toshikazu Kawaguchi

Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata

Penance by Hiromi Kawakami

1 comment:

  1. I have only read the first of the Before Your Memory…books, and I was quite intrigued by the possibility of a “do over” in some of the painful relationship moments I’ve endured. What a compelling premise for a novel!

    I have read Snow Country, and Penance, as well. Penance is disconcerting, but mesmerizing at the same time.

    Each of the books you’ve chosen is quite unique from one another, but all are so worth it. I hope you’ll fell the same way when you’ve finished them. Thanks so much for joining in the Japanese Literature Challenge 16!
    Bellezza

    ReplyDelete

<b>Japanese Literature Challenge 17</b>

JAPANESE LITERATURE CHALLENGE 17 #JapaneseLitChallenge17 #JapaneseLiterature This year I plan on participating in Dolce Bellezza's ~for...